Summer in Old Hickory, TN
Summer is the perfect time to explore new restaurants and activities with friends and family. There are always new restaurants opening, or just some fun places you might not have tried. Either way, checking out a new place is the perfect way to spend some time around Old Hickory. Here’s our list of recommendations for the best things to check out in the area.
- Five String Garage: Recently opened, Five String Garage is a renovated former vintage service station, now described as one part coffee house/restaurant and one part music venue. Stop by for a nice cup of coffee, a fantastic meal, or a delicious pastry and you’ll have the chance to enjoy some live music in the process!
- Old Hickory Village Farmers’ Market: Nothing says summertime like a farmers’ market, so Old Hickory Farmers’ Market is the perfect way to spend an afternoon. Featuring fresh and local produce as well as artwork, this cute market is located at 1106 Hadley Ave, Old Hickory, TN 37138. Stop by for all your veggie and fruit needs!
- Sam’s Sports Grill: Located right in Blue Turtle Bay, Sam’s has wonderful views and great food. It’s the perfect place to take the family on a night out or stop in on a game night to enjoy some grub while cheering on your favorite team!
- Old Hickory Country Club: A long-time staple of the community, Old Hickory Country Club has undergone some serious remodeling over the past few months. The upstairs is now completely open to the public, featuring a new restaurant. The new owners also redid the pro shop and the fitness center and are currently working on opening a new event center.
- Yazoo Brewery: What’s better on a hot summer night than a nice, cold beer? Yazoo Brewery is Nashville’s first production brewery since prohibition and boasts locally brewed beer as well as nationally distributed ones. Locally owned and operated, enjoy some of the finest beer in the area.